Wednesday, September 14, 2011

friendship and love


We were good friends.we were so close like brothers and sisters and  we were always there for each other.Arif,aida and myself had been childhood friends.we’d known each other since kindergarden.we’d been classmates for 11 years.we ended our high school days together.During the 11 years of friendship,something beyond friendship bloomedin me for Aida.was it love?
          Several months after the spm,a letter from the University of Alexandria ,Egypt got into my home.It was an offer to further my study in the university.All the members of my family were happy and congratulated me for the happy news.It was supposed to be a happy news but something felt awkward.I would go to Egypt to study,meaning to be separated with Aida.That was the first thing to cross my mind.
          My first rection was to call her .I need to tell her  the news.Just when I was to tell her my news,she shocked me with her own.She also got an offer to study abroad .It was from the top iniversity of Ukraine .i was so happy and worried at the same time .i was worried for her to walk on her own without me and Arif by her side in this vast world.
          She intuitively knew I was worried for her.She encouraged me to worry nothing about her.she’d be fine on her own.It was not enough but still,was else can be done? At the end of the conversation ,she told me to have a final meeting before we’d gone separate ways.i was speechless .One good thing led to another .The meeting between me and Aida was the best time to let my heart spoke what I had inside of me.
          “It is now of never,”I kept repeating all over.
          I was pretty straight-headed about the confession of my heart to her.it was like the only thing that mattered to me.i was getting myself  ready for the historical day.i practiced my wordings,the clothes and everything that would help me to unlock her heart.i was going to confess my love .And that would going the final.
          The long awaited day drew near.i had waited too long for this day to come.i would win her heart for sure.i didn’t plan to be on time I had gotten 10 minuteseralier.i waited her with a red rose behing my back.only 5 minutes passed but I had gotten I’d gotten too impatient.a couple of minute later ,Aida arrived .She looked beautiful like a princess in the fairy tale in her pink dress.I was so amazed by her beauty.But with her,was an envelope.what would that mean?
          At the fateful meeting,I learnt how cruel destiny could be.The envelope not for me.It was for Arif.She neede my help to pass the envelope to Arif.As she handed me the envelope ,she said that she had been looking up to Arif more than brother.She loved him.
          I couldn’t believe what I heard.i couldn’t feel my heart beating .My mind went blank.I couldn’t think of anything.all my hope ,dreams and everything went crashing down.i lost myself after hearing the cruel fate.In front of me was the girl I’d always dreamt of.I must not show any weakness to her.I held my tears when taking the envelope.

          As I opened my eyes, I was at arif’s house.I was confused .Maybe the shock got my head spinning.All my memories about my meeting with Aida seemed to be lost.All I could remember was the moment when she handed me the envelope .The envelope that shaltered my heart to pieces .I needed to get   this to Arif.
          I rang the door bell twice and Arif appeared before me.Without saying anything,I handed the envelope to him.I turned myself around to set foot off the house.I’d taken a glimpse of his confused face.I couldn’t hold myself with the major frustration and ran away as fast as I could.
          I didn’t know I could run this fast.I was trying to rub from the truth. Couples of step from the house, iwas stopped on my track.i heard scream of joy.It was from Arif .From afar, I could see my him jumping off his feet and overjoyed himself.At that time, I knew who I am.Aida loved Arif and be loved back.I was nobody.
          Now.I am happy in my own world.I currently am futhering my study in Egypt. I am preparing myself to take the world.Aida and Arifon the other hand,got offered in the same university in Ukraine.They have stronger bond and live together as loving couples.What happened between me,arif and Aida in the past,taught me the very best lesson one could get in life.
          “Love is not just to have her,Love is not just to conquer her heart,
           Love not just to share the same laugh,what Love truly
          Means……………

          ……………is to see Aida smile with or without me.”

                                                                                                          Emiey…


No comments:

Post a Comment